Social media terms and conditions
Read our social media policy, which sets out our terms for your use of your Tawk social media community.
Please read the following Rules carefully, as they provide information about using the Community in a way that is respectful and lawful. By using, or submitting material to the Community you agree that have read, understood, accept, and agree to abide by, these Rules.
The terms, conditions and policies that apply to specific social networks, such as Facebook or Twitter, also apply to the Tawk profiles they host. We recommend that you familiarise yourself with those terms and conditions before participating in the Community and we disclaim any liability associated with your use of those services, or for your failure to view or comply with their terms, conditions and policies. Where there is a conflict between these Rules and the terms and conditions of the relevant social media channels, the social media channels’ terms and conditions will prevail.
Moderation of the community
If in our opinion an individual makes use of the Community in breach of these Rules, we reserve the right to remove, or to disable access to, any Contribution, and to terminate, suspend or change the conditions of their access to the Community without prior warning. We also reserve the right to bring legal proceedings against any individual for a breach of the Rules, or take such other action as we reasonably deem appropriate.
We expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of the Community by any person in contravention of these Rules.
While we try to moderate the Community, we are not legally responsible for any material posted by third parties and we may stop, or suspend, moderating the Community at any time.
We have enabled permissions for all teachers or educators to edit, alter or remove any posts deemed inappropriate at any time. We value this role by educators in keeping your platform a happy place.
The views expressed by any individual within the Community are those of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views of Tawk.
- Any medical advice or information posted to the Community should not be regarded as advice on which any reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by a user of the Community, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. You must always seek medical advice from your doctor or a suitably qualified medical professional.
- Any advice or information posted to the Community should not be accepted as true or correct. It is up to individual users to check the validity of any advice or information before relying on it, especially where the consequences of following it could be serious.
- Sometimes Tawk automatically follows back users which follow Tawk profiles within the Community. A follow-back does not constitute an endorsement; the same applies to re-tweeting or sharing messages posted on accounts that Tawk does not own, or marking them as ‘favourites’, or otherwise sharing information on a different platform.
Minors must get permission from their parent or guardian before using the Community. We recommend that parents who allow their children to use the Community discuss online safety with their children first and that parents endeavour to monitor any use of the Community. Minors should also be given guidance on how to use the Community safely and in a way that complies with these Rules. We have restricted certain features within the community such as posting of pictures and private messaging but believe that young people have become accustomed to social media and that it is a part of their lives now and in the future, and that with guidance, it can be an enriching platform.
Acceptable use standards
We want to create an open, caring and respectful Community. To help us do this, you agree that your use of the Community and your Contributions must:
- be accurate and genuinely believed
- understand that the platform is for school related subjects and topics, and not for personal use in any way.
- Understand that all posts and comments are open for all to see.
You also agree that your use of the Community and Contributions will not:
- be defamatory, unlawful, obscene, offensive, hateful, abusive, inflammatory, threatening, invasive of anyone’s privacy, or otherwise objectionable
- promote discrimination on grounds of race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation, being a transsexual person, or age
- infringe any intellectual property rights including copyright, design right, database right, patents, trade mark, moral or performer’s right or any other third party right
- be likely to harass, upset, alarm or cause distress to any other person
- contain an instruction, advice, or content that could cause harm or injury to individuals or to computers or systems
- encourage anyone to commit any unlawful or criminal act or condone any unlawful or criminal act
- give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Tawk (or any of its group companies) if this is not the case, or impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
Whenever you upload material to the Community, or to make contact with other users of the Community, you must comply with our Acceptable Use Standards. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site is defamatory of them, a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
If you are required to submit personal data directly to Tawk during the registration process, we will only use such data for administration and monitoring purposes and will not share your data with third parties unless legally required to do so.
If you wish to complain about any Contribution posted to the Community, please contact us at email@example.com. When you submit a complaint, please (1) outline the reason for your complaint, and (2) specify where the Contribution you are complaining about is located.
We may request further information from you about your complaint before we process it. We will then review the Contribution and decide whether it complies with our Acceptable Use Standards. We will deal with any Contribution which, in our opinion, violates our Content Standards as described above. We will inform you of the outcome of our review within a reasonable time of receiving your complaint.
Changes to these rules
We may revise these Rules at any time. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you and will apply to you from the date the change was made. You agree to accept and comply with any changes to the rules if you use the Community after the change is made.